Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Keep looking for the good


Last Week was rough but was also very good. I have been focusing more on gratitude and finding the good in every moment and it is helping me get through my critical and perfectionist thoughts. I read Sarah's letter too and she sounds like she had a blast in the MTC and she is going to be a killer missionary. This Saturday Is transfer calls and Sister Hawkins Thinks she is leaving but Anything could happen. No new missionaries are coming in this next transfer so we are both in the clear for training someone. We'll See what happens. If you end up sending me letters, could you just send them to the mission office. I think it will be easier . . . that way. Also . . . I am finally accepting my fate and going Gluten and dairy free... or at least when buying and eating groceries from home. At members homes I will avoid it as much as I can but I don't want to inconvenience anyone so I'm not going to make it widely known. I don't know. Maybe Ill change my mind and make it known but for now I am going to leave it at that. Oh and I also Got a Black Blazer with stretching fabric from target and I love it!!! It was 30 Dollars but I think it was worth it. I used the 20 dollar gift card to target that we all got from President and Sister Clark and then the rest on the America First Card.  

We had a really cool miracle this week... Even through all the struggles and the stress. We were tracting in the Sable apartments and this younger gentleman was outside sweeping his porch on the top floor. We stopped and asked if he would be interested in hearing a message and he said he didn't have time right then so we went down to the first floor and were going to knock a few more doors. As We were walking down there, the same gentleman called down to us and said "what if I told you I had the desire to believe in God but I am a very factual person and need evidence?" We than said we could help him with that. He invited us back up and we gave him a Book of Mormon and shared the restoration with him. He was a very smart person and understood most of what we said. He also said he didn't believe in coincidences and was very surprised that he reached out to us and invited us back up after turning us down first. He said he felt a "good energy" about us and we are definitely going to follow up with him.

I know that when we are obedient and keep looking for the tender mercies and blessings from Heavenly Father, we can see miracles happen and that we will find even more joy.

I apologize if I sounded short today. Its been a rough morning but I know it will pass as I keep looking for the good and Trusting in Heavenly Father. 

Just Keep Swimming,

Love, 
Sister Crossett

On Sunday I received a wonderful text from an anonymous ward member.  It said:
I just wanted to thank you for sharing your daughter with our ward here in Las Flores. She bore the sweetest testimony today in sacrament meeting.  She carries such a strong spirit with her.  We are grateful she is in this area.  


No comments:

Post a Comment