Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas miracles


It has truly been a white Christmas here in California (white Christmas as in White baptismal Clothes!). On Friday was the Baptism of one of our investigators, Moe. He was contacted by Sister Wimmer and Sister Hawkins, just last month and he had just arrived in the country and was getting out of his car from the airport when they walked up and introduced themselves and asked if he wanted to learn more. It's history from there. His journey has been incredible and, though I didn't get to teach him any lessons, I am so grateful to have been a part of it. The Baptismal Service was incredible! The spirit, warmth, and love in that room was amazing. One of the biggest things that Moe loves about the Gospel and our Church is the feelings of love and family whenever he goes to church and is around members. Because of that I thought it would be fitting to sing a musical number of "Where love is" and "Love One Another" from the primary song book. I know the love he feels is from the spirit. It was amazing for him to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost so that he will always have that feeling with him. It was even cooler that he received it on Christmas Day. One of the Greatest Gifts you could ever receive.

After the baptismal Service, Some Elders who attended with their investigator came up to me. Their investigator said he loved my song and really felt the spirit and wanted me to sing it at his baptism. That is just a testimony to me of the power that music can have on inviting the spirit and touching hearts. I am so grateful that through sharing my talents I can be of even more good for my Heavenly Father and His work. It was another Christmas Miracle.

I love this work and I know that it is of eternal importance and purpose. I know that Heavenly Father provides a way for us to accomplish the things that he asks of us and the trials that come our way.

I was wondering if you could some how get me attached to Elder Waymans group email or how ever he is sending things. Also, If you could keep sister Hawkins specifically in your prayers. She is really having a hard time right now. thanks mom!!
I love you!!!!!

Love,
Sister Crossett


Christmas dinner with the Rodriguez family.


FHE with David and Jenny Chamberlin
Elders Rasmussen and Williams and sisters Hawkins and Crossett.

We got to talk to Grace on Skype for an hour plus. She is doing great! She showed us her worn out shoes and cried and laughed with us.  She is living in a two bedroom apartment with another set of missionaries and she told us of the piles of treats the members had given them for the holiday. They ended up making plates of treats to give away to investigators cause they just couldn't, and shouldn't, eat it all!

Here she is just listening and enjoying being with us. 

and then smiling for the camera. 

She is being taken care of really well and we are so proud of her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment