Monday, January 23, 2017

Remember the Good

Elder Williams, Elder Zhao, Sister Peterson, Sister Crossett

(To Dad)

hahah dad, you're so funny :) we are not allowed to teach on yachts I believe. We are also not allowed on the sand at all but I haven't served close to the coast yet so I don't have to worry about that yet. We have a trail in our area that we walk to contact every once in a while but we do, do a lot of tracting and member work. I guess its different for every mission what is the most effective. Keep Brian in your prayers. I'm sending mom more info about him. 

I don't believe that  I'm almost 20. It's super weird that I will never be considered a teen again. I am excited for what the future holds though. About a birthday gift, I have no Idea. I am getting rid of/giving away a lot of clothes that I don't wear or don't work for me anymore but I am also getting new things from other sisters so I think I'm good on clothes unless you guys can find me a patterned Amelia dress from LuLaRoe that I talked to mom about. I am purchasing my own new umbrella today if that's ok.
(To Mom)

We actually seem to be the permanent subs for YW's and we got to teach the mia maids recently. They are quiet, which is funny because I remember mia maids for me being the same.

Its so cool that Dawn memorized the hymn book. I have been thinking that I need to memorize more hymns, as well, so I can use them just like memorized scripture verses for people that we teach or contact.

You will have to send me lots of pictures, or what ever you can send, of Mary Poppins and all the other musicals you and the girls participate in while I'm on my mission. I'm sad to miss them but am so excited for you to be able to continue doing what you love.

Dad said you guys got more snow. We've been having lots of storms here as well. Just rain, but a lot of it. I love rain storms. Driving was super in it too. Also kinda scary because California doesn't normally get rain so they aren't equipped with the proper drainage systems so it was flooding. We are all good though :) The Drought is definitely ending :)

Along with our other investigators, our investigator Brian has been on my mind this week. We haven't been able to get in contact with him recently but we plan to this week. He is very interested in learning about all different religions. He is also very proof and evidence oriented but he has the desire to find the truth from God. We have had two lessons with him in which we shared the restoration and answered his questions and listened to him compare verses from the bible. I want him so badly to understand that if he will use Moroni's promise, he will find the truth. I know that the Book of Mormon is the keystone of our religion and has such a converting power in missionary work. I have also been reminded this week that we have a choice whether to listen to the lie of Satan and his angels or not.

Yesterday was also a really cool day. We had an amazing sacrament meeting and 2nd and 3rd hour lessons as well. The theme of the day seemed to be, receiving personal revelation. We reviewed Joseph Smith history in Gospel Doctrine and then talked about asking in faith and humility in Relief Society. It's so cool how the spirit ties everything together like that. Then after church we had ward counsel where our Ward mission leader, Brother Gaya (who didn't have the opportunity to serve a mission) relayed some thoughts from our stakes mission counsel meeting that President Clark was able to attend as well. He expressed the importance of member missionary work and also members present at lessons and I felt a sense of unity about it from the whole ward counsel. It is so important for the members of the ward to help fellowship those we teach, into the ward. It was a reminder to me that we as missionaries, are just the teachers. We don't have to do all the work ourselves. We have a wonderful ward and leaders to help us.

I know that if we have faith and diligence in what the lord has called us to do, He will provide a way for us to do it. I hope you are all having a good week and remembering the good in yourself and in the world.

I love you!!!

Love,
Sister Crossett

No comments:

Post a Comment