Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Joy and Light

(Sept.11)

I'm Tired. Most of it is good tired which means we are working hard.
There were times this week that I worked too hard though. Especially
with helping our Investigator Shelley move.   . . . helping her pack up things and get the house ready gave me a taste of what helping you would have been like with your move. I
loved it. Packing, Sorting, Organizing is my favorite.  I also learned
from that and from having a few dinner appointments with a single
sister in the San Clemente ward this week though, that we are not
called to be movers or matchmakers, we are called to be missionaries
for the Lord Jesus Christ. I am so thorough that sometimes I forget
what is most important.

We had really good interviews with president and sister Clark on
Wednesday.  Then Thursday was when we had scheduled another time to go
help Shelley, but right before we needed to go my body completely shut
down and I felt sick with the flu. My body was telling me that I
needed a break. We stayed home and felt better after a long nap.
Things I've been focusing on to help me get through are setting goals
and plans for those goals to help me focus on the most important
things. I also have learned that we need to fill our spiritual
Wells. Christ is the living water and if we don't fill our wells then
we will get thirsty and not have any water to even share with others.
I love this analogy. It is very needed as a missionary.

I continue to learn that Following the Spirit is what will help us be
most happy and accomplish Gods Work. He knows what is best for his
imperfect children and as we do our best to follow him He will provide
a way for us to accomplish the things he commands us.

. . . I love being a missionary. Its hard but is what I am meant to do right now.  The Word of God Is the light that will see our feet through.  psalms 119:105

Love,

Sister Grace Crossett


(Sept. 18)

I have learned this week that Heavenly Father wants us to find joy in his work and in our lives. Just like 2 Nephi 2:25 says, we are meant to have joy. It is part of Gods plan for us here on earth. I have found that as I have been myself while doing his work and have tried to make it fun this week, things have fallen into place and I have received answers to my prayers and insights to help me with my Companion, with the ward leaders, and with the people we are working with.
... As a missionary we report and account for our goals to many leaders and I am really starting to understand and feel of the truthfulness of the divine pattern of returning and reporting. It has helped me with my Christ-like-Attribute I have been working on this transfer, to report each week, along with the weekly call in of numbers to our District Leader, the progress I have made. 

It dawned on me today that though I have 5 months left of my mission, I have only 3 transfers left (missionary time keeping :) ) I am not sure at this point what my plans are. . . . Pray that I will be able get it all straightened out. I want to be prepared but I also what to be able to still focus on the work while I'm here. There is more for me to do.


A Few miracles from my week:


On Thursday we were able to stop by a member of the San Clemente ward who is in an assisted living home and going through some health challenges. Her name is Hope and she is amazing. We were there for a long time because she likes to tell stories about her life. I know we were meant to be there though because as I listened I received answers to my prayers and we were able to help her feel that she still had a purpose in her life for being here. I know God knows us and has a purpose for our life.

We were also able to set up a return appointment with a family to be taught next week. Miley is the 10 or 11 year old daughter and she reached out to us and asked us what we were doing. We said we were missionaries and we teach people about Christ. She thought that was pretty cool and told us about a book she was reading about Jesus. We didn't recognize the title but it was cool that she was reading it. We offered her a book of Mormon and she said we could come to her house to see if her parents were interested in learning and her dad said he would love to learn more. We are hoping next weeks lesson goes well :)

Did I tell you about Liz? Well she a young member who is trying to come back to church and we have been teaching her the lessons. We had another one with her this week. It was an ok lesson and she is really struggling right now. I was having a hard day as well. But.... I know that the trials we are given are to help us learn and grow and also to give us the understanding of how we can help others go through similar trials that they are going through. I know that Jesus Christ is the Ultimate Source of our peace and healing. Liz was able to come to church for a little while and that was a miracle.

I hope you have a joyful and Light filled week and I know that Christ is the Source of that Light. Remember him.

Love,

Sister Grace Crossett



No comments:

Post a Comment