Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Steadfast in the Spirit


Aug. 14th

This week has been up and down but mostly up :) Training sister Moosman has such a learning experience for me. Its the closest thing I have gotten to what it feels like to be a mom. She is so Sweet and polite.  She is working on Courage for her Christ like attribute this transfer and we have been doing some good finding role plays before we go knock on doors. It takes patience and faith to teach a beginner but in the process you also learn something new. I have been working on being steadfast especially this week with following the spirit. We had some amazing miracles this week as we followed the spirit and I am relying more and more on my Heavenly Fathers guidance in teaching and training sister Moosman. It was Friday night and we had just come from a street that we felt we should go to and had some really spirit lead conversations. We were on our way home to do some 12 week at 8 and I felt like we should go to Ralphs, a grocery store by our apartment. It was a really strange thought because we can't really openly proselyte in a store but I knew God had a purpose for us to be there. We began walking around the store and we ran into a number of people we knew we needed to talk to including a potential investigator who I forgot worked there until now. She said she wanted to come to church so we gave her some info for it. It has been just amazing the trust God is putting in me with training and leading out this work in our areas. I was a little overwhelmed on Wednesday after our district meeting so I asked the elders to give me a blessing and It helped a little right then but the rest of the day I think I was just running faster than I had strength. God was teaching me that I need to slow down and just feel, and listen for the spirit and stand in holy places. I know that is what will help us receive personal revelation. We even got 2 media referrals this week and also two referrals from asking members.

I am coming to know my Heavenly Father more and more as I follow his guidance and Pray each day. I know He lives, I know he loves us, and I know he knows us perfectly. Better than we know ourselves.

Have a week filled with blessings, miracles and positive thoughts!

Love,
Sister Crossett


Aug. 21st

Cool Eclipse!! Sister Moosmans mom sent us eclipse glasses so we got to see a it too!!
What a wonderful day and week it has been. Today we also did a super cool picture scavenger hunt with some sisters in Laguna Beach. I'll attach pictures :)  I am continuing to see and know of Our Heavenly Fathers Love for me and that he knows each of us perfectly. I could not have been put with a better companion this transfer. It is so amazing to see Sister Moosman progress as a missionary and even her personality blossom and grow in beauty and depth as she opens up more. We continue to see how 12 week training applies to what we are teaching and who we talk to during the week. One such experience we had was one I will never forget. We were guided to a street to go tracting as a change to our previous plans. We knock almost all the doors and talked to a few nice people but no one showed real interest at that time. We were headed back to the car when we realized there were two more houses at the end of the street that we didn't try yet. We headed over and as we were walking towards one I felt prompted to try the other one first. I had been given sister Moosman opportunities to practice getting comfortable with door approaches and I felt that it was her turn to try. A kind looking man answered the door and sister Moosman began "Hi we are the sister Missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saint and we have a message we would like to share with you, Could we share that?" to my great astonishment, he agreed and he let us in to teach he and his wife the restoration. It was a very powerful, and spirit lead lesson and Sister Moosman Bore strong testimony of the truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and of the Book of Mormon. I was guided to say what was needed for them as well. At first they had skeptical questions and refused a Book of Mormon when offered. Then when we explained the book to be the keystone of our religion and that we couldn't really continue our visits with out an understanding or a belief in it, they changed their minds and accepted a copy.

I'm working on Steadfastness as my Christ Like attribute this transfer. I asked sister Moosman what she thought it was and we came up with a good definition.  Being Steadfast is having a firm faith that God will direct you and help you in what you need to do or where you need to go. It is also to be constant, and enduring well. An Example of  the Steadfastness of the Savior is when he was in the Garden of Gethsemane. He Wanted to shrink and not have to drink the bitter cup but he was steadfast and he pushed through. All For us. He loves us so much. He loves our Investigators. He is our Brother and He is so Cool!!

love,
sister Crossett

PS Sorry we'll have to send pics next week! on my camera!! thankyou!!


Aug. 28th

This week has been Really Good. Lots of Investigators we are still working with and one who is really close to Baptism. Her name is Breanna and she was sick yesterday so couldn't come to church but will be coming next Sunday. She is so prepared and already knows the Gospel so well. Pray for Breanna!  We also got to go to the temple again on Saturday and I got a lot of answers and instruction about how to train and how to love more. I know of the blessings and peace of the temple. If you haven't gone in a while just do it! It will help :) Church was amazing and though no investigators came we saw a lot of miracles and have even more people to teach this week. Strengthening less active members is just as important as teaching new ones.

I love this work and am so grateful for the love and confidence I feel through the Atonement of Jesus Christ . As I learned on Sunday from our Stake Young Mens President who was speaking: We need to choose happiness because of the Atonement, Choose to move forward instead of avoiding mistakes, and choose faith. It is the best and only way to happiness now, and throughout eternity.  I know this is true and I hope you feel and know of its truth as well :)

I love you! Return and Discern 3 Nephi 24:7

Love,
Sister Crossett

P.S. I'm almost finished with the Book of Mormon! This is my first time reading it through on my mission but we got a challenge to read it all the way through by next zone conference so I am finishing up where I am and circling back around. The Book of Mormon is true!


Sept. 5

I'm not quite sure why but I cannot think of what to say. I guess I'm just getting lost in the work. We did service today for F.A.M Family Assisted Ministries or something like that. It was fun to sort food and clothing and other things. I love that sort of thing. The Plan of Salvation has been coming up a lot lately. We are teaching a young single mom who is returning to activity and asked us to teach her the lessons. Her name is Liz and I know she is part of why I am in San Clemente. We connected so well with the first lesson and she is taking all the right steps in the right direction. I have a feeling we are going to be really good friends :)

I know that the Gospel is true and is relevant for each of us in our own lives and trials, and circumstances. I'm glad to hear about all the blessings that have come your way. Finding our purpose requires remembering our Identity.
I love this work. The spirit continues to work through us and Guide us. I am well taken care of and as we put The Lord first yesterday, even though it was our preparation day, we received blessings. Ice cream and a new skirt for free! It was perfect for me too. I'm sorry for not a lot of details. Thanks for sharing your details though :)

Love,
Sister Crossett


No comments:

Post a Comment