Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Book of Mormon challenge



(Sept. 25)

There are some exciting new things happening in the mission. We are getting I-pads!! I'm a little nervous because I'm not the most tech-savy but I also know heavenly Father has been preparing me and especially these areas for such a time as this. Sister Wrights organization skills are going to be such a blessing for me when inputting info about investigators into the i-pad. I don't know all the details about it yet but we will find out at zone conference on Wednesday.

The work this past week has been picking up and we got two new investigators. One of which is a woman with a family that need the gospel. Her Name is Vero and we are going to teach the restoration on Thursday with her. Shelley is all moved in to her new house and she loves it! Everything is falling into place with her and I feel a baptismal date coming soon! She is slowly but surely having her concerns resolved and conference is definitely going to help with that. 

I can't believe that General Conference is here again! The opportunity to hear and receive revelation right from God through our Church leaders is such a gift and also a great missionary tool. We have been inviting everyone to watch Conference! I hope that you can 
all have some questions and concerns in mind or even write them down so that you can receive those answers through Conference. 

The miracles just kept coming!  especially yesterday. Church is an amazing way to fill our wells with the living water and also help share it with others, too. We had an investigator planning on coming to church but she wasn't able to make it. We were able to be in the right
place at the right time. I know if we follow the spirit Heavenly Father will help us bless the lives of others in intricate ways.

I hope you have a great day!

love,

Sister Crossett



(Oct. 2)

The Work is Hastening! I have really felt it and seen the fruits of that statement this week.
We got two new investigators this past week and I know it is a product of our diligence in The Book of Mormon Challenge. I had the opportunity to share my testimony of it at Zone Conference. 

With this new tool Heavenly Father is preparing us for, I know it will assist us in furthering his work in so many ways. I am a bit stressed with all that it entails and so is sister Moosman but I am grateful for the unity it will build in our companionship. 

On Saturday we were able to work on the safeguards course which is an online course to help us begin preparing for something big that is coming to our mission. I spoke too soon. We are not, in fact, getting I-pads. They just told us some sort of device. We had zone conference Wednesday and the assistants to the president put together a video (Mission possible themed) of them leaving the mission office, sneaking into the mission home and getting a top secret box that we assumed was the i-pads. It was all for show, of course, the the video ended and the assistants came back in and revealed that we are getting.... Samsung Smart phones! (best Zone Conference ever!) The Lord has chosen our mission to be one of the first to go from not technology to smartphones. We are all a little stressed and nervous about it and we are still in the preparatory state! We have been asked to clean up our Facebook page to use as well.

I know that Heavenly Father knows us, loves us, and trusts us. I know Heavenly Father has trust in us and all He asks is that we have trust in him. Whatever comes our way.
1 Nephi 3:7 yet again has helped me get through this and conference was a big help as well. I know the words of Heavenly Fathers servants, our church leaders, are his words and are meant for us to listen to with our Hearts so we can receive revelation. All my Questions were answered from the words and spirit that was brought this weekend. The cool thing is that we can go back and reflect on those words again and again to receive further light and knowledge just like the scriptures. D&C 1:38 is very applicable here as well. Conference was amazing! I hope you got answers to your prayers and I hope you go back to study the revelation to gain more light and knowledge.


prayers to you always.

Love,

Sister Grace Crossett




(Oct. 10)

... its been kind of a hectic few days with getting our new phones. We are still trying to figure it all out but I am happy and healthy and trying to not stress about everything. 

Today was amazing with the work and this past week we have seen a lot of progress with Shelley, our new investigators Honey and Miley, and also an older gentleman named Randy. Shelley is getting so close to setting a date and She has an amazing testimony. I am doing another Book of Mormon Challenge with her and we are going to try to finish by oct 27.
She is catching up to me!! We are so excited to see her get baptized and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 


We taught Honey (mom) and Miley (daughter) the restoration and they are excited to read the book of Mormon. Miley even asked for a "Book of Childrens Mormon" and she says she wants to be a missionary too :) so Excited for them as well.

Randy is a very intellectual thinker and he prayed for the 1st time last week during our lesson. The book of Mormon will be a huge part of his conversion as well. I Know the book of Mormon is the word of God and It helps us to receive The Spirit and the answers we need in life.

I know Our Savior lives and loves us. He paid the price and we just need to keep the change.

Sister Grace Crossett

No comments:

Post a Comment