Monday, December 5, 2016

Co-Senior Companion

(I decided to leave the greeting in the letter this time, cause it makes me smile.  She also sent me a bunch of pictures from her last area which are now on the Live Oak Canyon page of the blog.)

Mommy!

I don't have much time so I'm going to tell you about my week and then I will hand write you my advise and responses about all your Exciting news. It sounds like so much fun back home and I'm super excited about everything.

So Sister Hawkins and I are co-senior companions. I'm not sure exactly what that means but it makes sense since we have been out for the same amount of time. She has been here in the Las Flores ward her whole mission so far so she is helping me with names and faces but we don't have a GPS for the car like we did in Live Oak so we are figuring out the area together still. She is Designated driver. It has been a Challenge working with her because we are so different and communicating is hard but I am determined to make it work and to learn from her and love her even more.

Las Flores Ward has been very kind and welcoming so far. I am just trying to be patient with learning names and faces and learning the area. We have a few investigators which I am very excited about. We also had a really great experience on Saturday. We were headed to a members home and we had just parked and gotten out of the car. There was a man and his little boy just outside their garage and I took courage and introduced ourselves to him. We learned that he and his wife were born-again Christians. We offered him a Book of Mormon and he accepted and asked a lot of genuine questions and also asked for our number so he could reach out and ask more questions as they came. We were grateful for that miracle and we are going to follow up with him on the Book of Mormon in a few days and we are really excited about it.

During fast and testimony meeting for my first Sunday in the ward I thought I should bear my testimony and introduce myself to the ward. I felt the spirit so strong in that meeting and it testified and confirmed to me again that The Church of Jesus Christ of latter Day Saint is Christ's True Church restored upon the earth by the prophet Joseph Smith. I know that Heavenly Father is the Same yesterday today and forever. He is always listening and will always give us more revelation as we are obedient to the commandment and have faith to receive it. I know that charity never faileth and whoso is found possessed of it at the last days, it shall be well with him. Moroni 7:46-47.

I hope you are all taking the opportunity to take part in the Light The World Initiative this month and that you are spreading your light and helping others to know of the importance of serving.

I love you all dearly! have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Crossett

No comments:

Post a Comment