Wednesday, December 14, 2016

A white Christmas

I was sent this picture in a text almost two weeks ago.
(Her first week in Mission Viejo. With Sister Hawkins) 



(letter recieved Dec. 12, 2016)

The person who sent the picture was my new Stake President, President Chamberlin. He's pretty cool. It was taken at our relief Society Christmas Dinner.  The theme was "Let Him In" and it was a beautiful program. I especially loved the musical number. Our Bishop, Bishop Baker, and Brother Hada (Guitar Accompaniment) sang a really cool arrangement of "Come unto Christ"the 2014 youth theme song. It definitely brought the spirit. 

I am missing the snow a lot. Dad sent a picture of his hard work in the driveway. Snow seems foreign to me now. Although they make up for it here by going all out with lights.  I'll have to send you a picture soon, of the line of lights strung up across the streets in between the houses. its crazy! ;)

(And an email from Dec. 12, 2016)

Dear mom,
I'm sorry I don't have the address with me right now but I sent a letter home with the return address for our appartment on it... Give or take. I don't really know how to write the address but I know we live in Mission Viejo and that our appartment is 6L. Its ok if you just send it to the mission office. Someone just said we aren't supposed to have mail sent to anywhere else but I'll ask President about it.

We haven't heard anything specific about christmas calls yet but I'm pretty sure we get to skype. Do we have that capability at home? We will be in a members home for sure for that but ill keep you posted on more details. 

This week has been rough but its getting better. I'm still working on communication with sister Hawkins. I want so much to make our companionship work and she has said that she's the kind of person to not have the desire or will to make it work if it doesn't click right away. We are working on things together though and today has been an easier day. It is testing my limits but I am learning so much and I am grateful that Heavenly Father has put his confidence in me to do it. I do love sister Hawkins very much and she has so many wonderful qualities.

Oh! by the way, we have an investigator on date for baptism on the 23 of december. His name is moe. I don't think its quite hit me what that really means but we are going to have a white Christmas here after all. Smoking was his only struggle and he is now 8 days clean so he's doing amazing! Pray for Moe! 

I had the amazing opportunity to go to our stake Sing Noel concert last night. It was amazing and the spirit was so strong there. It gave me a little bit of home when the childrens choir sang. I don't suppose you guys went to SLCC concert did you? Well I got my little taste of home here. I was also asked to sing at our up coming zone Training meeting. Its Josh Grobans "believe".

I've got to go but I know that the light of Christ is in all of us. Member or not, and that is why everyone feels so happy serving others. Charity Never Faileth and I know that it is the pure love of Christ that we feel went we serve. 


Much love from California,
Sister Crossett

No comments:

Post a Comment