Monday, November 28, 2016

goodbye Live Oak Canyon

We got a message from a ward member on Sunday telling us that Grace is being transferred! And how much they are going to miss her! And then another email this morning, before I got the letter from Grace.  
So sister Crossett is transferred!!! I'm so so sad about that! It's inevitable obviously but I've been dreading that and wish they'd have left her here through the holidays! She bore a truly beautiful testimony yesterday in ward council and then I asked her to bear testimony and say the closing prayer in RS. SHES JUST THE EPITOME OF GRACE, gentleness, sweetness and well so many things!!! She and sister Brown are a dynamic pair that are perfect representatives of the church!!! I know you miss her but she is doing great things and will come home to you more amazing than ever!!! I love Sister Crossett!!! She's going to Mission Viejo. Las Flores Ward. That is most likely a young ward and I know they will love her!!! Thanks Laura for raising a total jewel!!
Love,Jan


yes, I am being transferred. It was a surprise again but Heavenly Father was preparing me for it too. I am leaving RSM Zone, Live Oak Canyon Ward and Headed to Mission Viejo Zone, Las Flores Ward with Sister Hawkins who was in my District with me in the MTC. Cool huh!? I'm Sad to leave but am excited to learn from new people and experiences. I know that though I didn't see any big numbers while I was here, I did make a difference and touch heart and plant seeds that will grow into many numbers. I trust that I helped in Heavenly Fathers Plan here.


Our Thanksgiving was pretty cool. We ended up going to Bishop owens house. All his family was there plus every year they go pick up Some marines to have over for a home cooked thanksgiving dinner. We were seated right across the table from four young marines and it was so cool to talk with them and exchange experiences. What they go through is very similar to what missionary life is like. Just in a different genre of thinking :) They asked us a lot of questions about what we did as missionaries and it was cool to share that with them. later we shared a lesson with the whole owens family plus the marines. It was about gratitude and we shared the story of Captain moroni with them. It was powerful and Bishop Owens later told us that as he was driving them back one of the marines said he really loved the message and was truely touched. We thought we might not beable to get much work done on a holiday but that was a miracle to us.


Sunday was a great day as well. I especially liked a talk given by brother Williams. He talked about gratitude and how to have it, we must Engage in Thanks-living rather than just thanksgiving. gratitude is much more than just recognizing the things we are grateful for. It is Showing Heavenly Father through word and deed that we truely apprieciate the things he has given us. I'm going to try and live in thanks-living this coming transfer and invite everyone to try it. I also had many opportunities to bear my testimony yesterday Because I would be leaving. I know that through our Savior Jesus Christ and His atonement, we will be refined and changed to become more like Him and to walk in his paths.


With All the love I have,
Sister Crossett

No comments:

Post a Comment