Monday, November 7, 2016

more and more

Hey mom!
I'm Glad your doing well :) We Decided to email first thing after our studies this morning. Sister Brown always did it that way with her other companions so I decided to try it. I think it will help me be less stressed about it through out the day if I just get it done first thing. I'm so sorry I didn't send you any letters this week answering your questions. I just didn't get the time to. Im so sorry I didn't really send you a birthday note either. I promise I didn't forget. I was thinking of you all day though and I thought you would understand.


Its so cool that president Tate Talked about the penny thing because our Relief Society lesson was all about that same thing. We need to step back and see the bigger piture and realize all the good rather than just focusing on the pebble (penny) over our eye. That gave me great comfort as well. I'm so happy that you were able to just take it all in and feel the spirits healing. I kind of had that same thing happen to me as well. The first Sunday of every month there is a Temple music Devotional at the stake Center Across from the new Port Beach temple where missionaries and members of the stake in charge that month perform musical numbers. We went last nigh because sister brown is one of the mission music coordinatiors. It was so nice to just sit there and feel the spirit of peace and comfort that comes from hymns and songs of praise to our Heavenly Father. I am coming to love and appreciate music even more now.


This week we were in an area that I was prompted to visit that day. It was hot and we were tired and not super motivated. We passed a street that one of our potential investigators lived on and sister Brown said we should go back and stop by. Dennis and Amita Were their names. As We walked up the street we saw Dennis out in his yard talking to his landscaper. We walked up as the landscaper was leaving and Said " Hey Dennis". He is Super nice and said " Hey Girls, Pounding the pavement today?" we said yes and asked how he was doing. "not So Good" was his response. He then opened up to us and told us that he had recently found out that his wife had been having an affair for the past nine years. He broke down and said that he was too down to talk today but that he would love to sit down and talk with us soon. Although It was a sad experience to hear about we were grateful he opened up and it is in these times in peoples lives when they are most prepared to receive the restored gospel. It was a Tender mercy for us that day.

I am learning more and more about the atonement and just how personal it is. I know that Jesus Christ actually suffered all the pains, sins and temptations that I am facing right now. He knows Exactly how I feel and can empathize perfectly with me. Because of this I know that He loves us and that He lives. He is always there to help us and to be at our sides.


I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment