Monday, November 21, 2016

Last week of my training.

(a compilation of info from three letters this week)

Answers to some of your questions.  Some good habits I'm creating. I definitely pray a lot more during my day. Our Stake President gave us a challenge to restart and finish the Book of Mormon by the end of the year.  I really want to finish and really dive into the scriptures.  

We have 9 o'clock church and we normally go to all the meetings.  We don't have any investigators still so we don't have anyone other than less-actives to look for.  We try and talk to people and ask how they are doing. I really love the relief society sisters and I almost know all of their names now! We meet at the Stake Center about 5 minutes from our apartment and I think it is just Santa Margarita Ward and our ward that meets there.  

Sister Brown is the coolest. She has been out for 9 months and was also half trained by sister Bambas (by the way, Sister Bambas goes home on Dec. 1st. We call our trainers our moms as missionaries and the family tree continues from there. :) It's so funny; All the missionary terms and traditions.  It's like a a whole other culture inside our LDS culture. )  Sister Brown is such a consecrated and obedient missionary and she just got done telling me how I need to just let things go and sort out what matters most. 

We have a laundry room in our complex that we use. 

We are scheduled to have dinner at our Bishops house for Thanksgiving.... and also the Mausse families house. I don't know how that will work out exactly but I will be well fed, that's for sure. The bishop always has marines over for thanksgiving so that will be really cool too. 

Sister Brown is so funny... I love her. It can be hard at times to work with her because she doesn't understand that I need a break sometimes.  She just wants to go go go and talk to people. But she is patient with me and I am trying to be patient with her. We are in this together so we have to compromise. I have learned so much from her and she has really pushed me to work hard and not worry so much sometimes. 

Transfers are coming up and this week Is the last week of my training. We don't know what will happen but I am preparing myself for anything. We had another exchange on Saturday. I stayed in my area and Sister Suchanski came to work with me. She is amazing and was so accepting and patient with me. It was easier to be bold when working with her because I knew the area and had to speak out when she didn't. She taught me so much about myself and what I am capable of as a missionary. 
We Talked to a lady at a park that was really nice and asked so many genuine questions. It was a good day. We were able to follow the promptings of the spirit and feel good about our accomplishments. 

 In my studies this morning I was studying how to live what I learn in PMG. I learned that we truly do need to be willing and open to what Counsel God Gives us through our study and also through others. We also need to "Treasure Up continually" The things that He teaches us, which means that we need to ponder and apply it in our own lives. Make an Action Plan for how you will apply what you learn and how you will work towards your goals each day. I know that as we follow the promptings of The Spirit in faith we will be able to see miracles and be Gods hands here on earth. I know that Heavenly Father wants to help us and listens to our prayers. If we act on the counsel He gives, we can receive even more counsel and help through the Holy Ghost. 

I love you all and think of you often. Have a happy, comfortable week.

Love,
Sister Crossett


No comments:

Post a Comment