Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Missionary Parents and Angels

Our 15+ year old Russian Blue Cat passed away over the weekend after some stressful days of sickness and I had shared with Grace how I had prayed for angels to help him and us get through it peacefully, which they did. 

Thank you for your letters!

I am sad about Rico, but I love to hear about your angels. Today has been a pretty rough day for me. p-days are not as relaxing as I would like. Today we went to a members house who has a modest clothing store in her home. I have been wanting a simple black and also navy skirt. There wasn't anything there for me because I'm so picky. Sister Brown just says beggars cant be choosers but I'm not going to buy something that I'm not going to like or wear. Then shopping for a watch was timely. I ended up getting a white one with a silver rim on it. It was more expensive but it should last longer and I think I made the right decision. I know I sound in a rut, which I am, but It will probably pass by tomorrow. Sometimes I have a bad day but that's ok because the Atonement is real. I just need to believe it. 

(in response to Dad's letter and questions)

I'll miss the snow this Christmas but I definitely won't miss the lights. Everyone here is loaded and there are some very devoted decorators around here. It will be fun to see. I'll have to get some pictures for you.

Transfers are every six weeks on a Tuesday. We are thinking we will both stay here. I'm hoping at least. We are getting fed better than we have been for dinners. Someone new was called to help with the calendar and he is really good at making sure we are fed so its all good. We normally have breakfast and lunch at home. I try to keep cooking simple and get things that don't take long for lunch. ....(minor issues)... other than that, I'm healthy.   Thanks for reminding me about the Angels.  

(Back to mom's letter)

On Friday we got to go to a really cool Missionary parent dinner. Almost All of the missionary parents from the ward were there including a non-member couple (The Hinkles) with a daughter out on a mission. It was a cool way to get to know them in a more casual setting. The members there were really accepting and welcoming to them too. After dinner we sat in the living room and went around the circle sharing one fun story, and one inspirational story about their missionaries (our Missions). I shared about my first tracting experience where Sister Bambas got heat exhaustion, and then I shared about how I am so blessed with the knowledge that As I open my mouth to share the gospel, it will be filled. It takes faith and courage but I know The spirit will give me the words to say. Even if they aren't perfect, they will be what that person needs. I know that as I shared that story, It was what the Hinkles needed to hear. 

I know that as we go about our daily lives and remember the spiritual and testimony building experiences, It will confirm to us what we know to be true and how we can improve in the future. I know that through service and selflessness to others, our loads will be lightened and we will be blessed. I know that the Atonement Of Jesus Christ is meant for each individual person and that each of us matter to him.

Keep praying for me,
I love and miss you. 

love, 
Sister Crossett 




No comments:

Post a Comment