Monday, October 10, 2016

Toy expert, exchanges and frogs

I don't have as much time as I usually do for emails so this will have to be quick. 
This week has been a RollerCoaster ride. The Work is picking up and we have Been seeing Miracles. On Tuesday we did service for a less active in our ward named sister Batimana. Our task included, sorting, organizing, and getting rid of toys in her 5 or 6 year old sons toy room. Now this is something that I actually enjoy doing but this was different. The little boy had a Billion toys!! I didn't even know where to start, let alone what half the toys were. It was very taxing for me. Four Hours of "Imagine-X or not", thousands of nerf darts and a tub full of cars really takes it out of a person. Although it was long and hard, I am a toy expert now and we actually got a lot done and hopefully blessed their lives by the service. 

We had a mini exchange on thursday and then a really exchange on friday to saturday. On the mini exchange I went to the foothill ranch area with sister hill. We always get paired together because our companions are sister training leaders so they have meetings a lot but I love sister Hill so much. During personal studies that morning I came across the scripture 2 Nephi 16:10. I'd read it before but It really got me thinking about being fully converted and receive the healing that comes from the atonement. In order to receive it we need to be willing to give everything up to the Savior. We need to remember that we cannot do it alone, willing to let him help us, carry us, and teach us. Then on Friday we had awesome exchanges. I stayed in my area this time while sister Hill and sister Gage came to me. It was hard because I'm still not super familiar with the area but I had lots of help and I always learn so much from working with new sisters. It can be hard sometimes being with someone 24/7 but you really learn a lot and are humbled and taught a lot of patience sometimes. I've been learning that I just need to do the best I can do in what ever situation and circumstance we are in. 

tell Flavia Thank you. Tell lauren I can't watch tv but we have church dvds that we can watch sometimes on our portable dvd player. Tell sarah I love her and that she needs to email me. Tell derek happy Birthday on the 17th. I need more contacts soon, my wish list for anyone who would be willing to help includes watches (black and white), a soft plushy blanket (with frogs on it), really anything frog related. I was wondering if you could look into that red bag for me at deseret book if possible. maybe send me some pictures. I just need a smaller bag with more a more accessable opening. Sister Bambas has a flash drive recorder that she records herself on and sends it home in emails. I think that is a really good idea but let me know what you think. I Also would love Mrs. Coates and Mrs. Mardens email addresses if possible. Thanks mom! whatever you can do would be fantastic!

I know that our heavenly Father has a Plan for each of us. I know my Savior lives and I know that he can help us if we are willing and have an open heart. I love this Gospel and I know It is True.

I love you all!!

Love, 
Sister Crossett

No comments:

Post a Comment