Monday, October 17, 2016

Transfers!

Hey Everyone!
I would just like to share a few experiences that I have had this week over here in Beautiful Cali. It actually rained today for the first time since I've been here! There is a Drought so It was a tender mercy :)


On Tuesday we had our second lesson with Faith. It went very well and she said she would be baptized when she receives the answer that its what God wants for her. She is the sweetest! I am so grateful to be able to be apart of her journey.


Thursday we had an amazing lesson with a less active in our ward. She has been doing so well with reading the Book of Mormon each day so we decided that we should talk about prayer this time. It was a very powerful lesson. She took such comfort in remembering that God Is our Father, our dad. The spirit was there and I didn't have to worry about exactly what to say. I know that If I open my mouth words will come through the holy Ghost. She even said the closing prayer. I know that through Reading the Book of Mormon and prayer we can keep that relationship this Our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ Strong.


A little fun thing that happened on Saturday was we got to Go do service at a boy scout camp. They were having a sort of Halloween carnival with different games at booths. Sister Bambas and I got to help with a rubber band gun game. We refilled the guns as fast as we could to keep up with the boys shooting. We actually got really fast at it and It was a lot of fun.


Sunday was a special day. In The Church of Jesus Christ of latter Day Saints visitors are always welcome but this Sunday we had a day specifically devoted to visitors. We handed out flyers and asked the ward members to invite their friends and neighbors in preparation for the day. Although only a handful of people were visiting, I know the spirit was there and that they felt it. Seeds were planted.


Well it has been 6 weeks already and that means transfer calls. We were not expecting to be going anywhere because Sister Bambas is still training me but I will be staying in this Area and she is headed elsewhere. I will miss her a lot but I will never forget the many lessons that I learned from her.


I know that every person matters to our Heavenly Father. I Know that we are all his Children and he is always listening. We just need to choose to listen to Him so he can help us and teach us. I know that through prayer we can truly come to know Him and his Son Jesus Christ.


much love,
Sister Crossett

New Pictures on the Live Oak Canyon tab of the blog soon. Hike and others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment