Monday, September 19, 2016

When I lose myself...

Hey mom, 
So I need to give you our apartment address because if you have been sending me things I only get it once a week on pday when my zone leader picks it up. So I haven't heard anything from you yet. An email would be good too. My address is 
30 Via Amistosa
Apt. G
Traduco Canyon, CA
( you might have to look up the zip)

 I don't know. I will get my mail today in a bit but I have been kind of needing my glasses. I just have the best luck. Last Thursday I got a red blotch in my eye and by Friday it had spread and I was sure it was pink eye. We had to get a hold of the mission nurse and she told us to go get it checked out and get a prescription and that I would have to stay in until it was better. Sister Bambas was super patient and accepting of that, So I took my first trip to an urgent care. It was really nice and easy though. Sister Bambas helped me and I got to fill out electronic forms which was way nice. Then we waited a while. The doctor said that I needed to take out my contacts asap because it was just irritating my eye even more. My eye was hurting a lot. Then we went and picked up my prescription at CVS and went home. So I have been blind since Friday night. 
typing this is really hard too. Saturday we stayed home and tried to be productive. It got a little frustrating that I couldn't see peoples faces but I'm coping.

I was able to go to church because I had been taking the drops for long enough that it wasn't contagious anymore. Sunday was amazing because it was my first actual sacrament meeting in the ward... sort of. It was the young women's program Sunday. The yw and leaders gave talks and sang and then they presented the medallions and awards. It was pretty cool. We were also invited to sing the final song the efy medley with them ( I've learned to just love it :). going to our ward finally helped me feel like I belong here. Everyone was super accepting and loving despite my scary eye.  We sanitized every five minutes just to make sure. We got to sit in for a bit of primary in case they needed help and then we went to gospel principals class.

( I'm really sorry I don"t know how to organize my emails)
Dad asked how food is going. Mostly we have to make our own but we get a lot of member dinners too. Its hard shopping for only a week and knowing what I need or want. I'm trying to be healthy and cheap and smart. Its hard. 

Tell Derek to keep holding out strong.  

I want to tell you about a really cool experience we had this week with a part member family. Kevin is the nonmember and Cheryl is the member and they have a little girl named Harper. We have these things called windows of heaven during the week where we pray for a specific time and place to be and then we go there. This was during a window and we decided to stop by their house. Kevin works all the time but we caught him home playing with Harper in the driveway. Harper Called him at work and said she wanted to play with him and he took the rest of the day off and came home. He is such an amazing dad. Harper is super shy so she stayed by her dad but we talked to him a for a while. He is super friendly and as we talked the thought kept coming to me that he needs the priesthood. I could see that in him. We talked a little more and then headed to a house of less actives. As we were walking we met Cheryl around the back as she was putting her horses away. She really opened up and told us that she really wants her family to be sealed in the temple. She's had a hard life but I told her that we knew she would get that wish. I just love them so much and I hope that sometime soon we can start teaching Kevin and get the Smiths to the temple. 

I love this work. When I lose myself and just love, that is when I find myself and feel real joy and happiness. I know that Heavenly Father loves us and has a plan for us. I know that charity is the pure love of Christ and that serving others helps us have that pure love and become more like him. 

Love , 
Sister Crossett

I did send her a package last week, with a long letter and her glasses. She had broken them in the MTC and sent them home for me to get fixed. Her dad sent an email which hopefully she got.  

No comments:

Post a Comment