Monday, September 26, 2016

My Life is a Gift

After hearing the news of Lexy Hipwell's accident, I called the Mission President to ask what the best way to let Grace know of the news.  He said he would go tell her himself. I wasn't sure how well she knew Lexy, nor how she would take it. True to her nature, she is mostly concerned about everyone else. (And being obedient.) 

Hey mom,

I did get the news about Lexy this morning. President and Sister Clark gave us a wonderful little visit this morning at our apartment. Sister Clark gave us both little music boxes, and called me Grace and gave me a long hug. My first thought was of her family and friends,  I didn't know her too well but I was in classes and musicals with her and she is such a wonderful girl. Its a little weird, having known her that is. I do think its a good idea that I say something about it to everyone though.

Tell them this:

I've never really been very good with words or expressing my feelings from the outside. But I would like to say something that might be of comfort and meaning to each of you at this time. I would like you to each read this as if I were talking directly to you individually, because I am.

 I Love you. I Truly do. But more importantly, I know your Heavenly Father loves you. He made a plan each of us and that plan is only through Jesus Christ. Listen to this primary song:
My life is a gift
my life has a plan,
my life has a purpose
in heaven it began
my choice was to come
to this lovely home on earth
and seek for Gods light to
direct me from birth

I will follow Gods Plan For me
Holding Fast to his word and his love
I will work and I will pray
I will always walk in his way
then I will be happy on earth and in my home above.
" I lived in Heaven" is also a really good one.

well mom I spent all my time doing this and I just really don't know what to say. I just want people to feel loved and comforted right now. I know that they can have that through reading the Book of Mormon and continuing to pray and have faith. I want to be sensitive to peoples feelings also. 
People on my mind right now are Derek, Savannah Lund, Jocelyn Fox, and The Hipwell family.

I wish I could share more about my week but my time is up. I think this was the most important though. 

Love,
Sister Crossett

There are also more pictures added to the pictures page!

No comments:

Post a Comment