Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Status: In Field


Grace left the MTC early this morning, arriving in California around 9:45 with 6 other missionaries. I called missionary travel to get this information, because I hadn't heard from her as I hoped. It seemed other missionaries have called home from the airport. Well, I'm sure there just wasn't time. She is such a good example of Obedience and focus. Here are some of her words taken from a recent letter. 

Advice to a friend soon to enter the MTC -

1. Smell the tree :) Let me explain. There is a tree here on Campus that literally smells like Cream Soda. Ask someone about it. They will most likely know :) I love that tree to death!!

2. Wash your hands always. Sickness spreads like wildfire here.
3. BE IN THE CHOIR!!! :) I'm not just saying that because I loved it. Everyone loves it. Even people who say they don't sing.
4. Be humble. The MTC is not a walk in the park. It will be very hard and you can't do it alone. Ask for help. Use your resources.
5. Discover what MTC stands for, to you. Make The Change is one that I've kept with me throughout my stay here. There are so many others.
6. Take time to reflect upon your progress each day or each week. You will be surprised at how much you've grown.
7. Obedience brings blessings, Exact obedience brings miracles.

Having said these things I know they might not all apply to you personally. These are just things I've learned that might help.
I miss you all. Say hi to Sarah for me. I actually haven't emailed her yet. oops. There's just so little time here to do anything for myself. But that's the purpose I guess.

And her testimony...

The spirit of the MTC is so incredible. I have learned so much and built my testimony and conversion so much.  I am exposed to the spirit so much here that I can't have doubts or feel down for very long here. Something I've been learning about is that a testimony is great but it isn't enough.  We need to be truly converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ to never fall away and make it back to live with our Heavenly Father again.  I know this can be a discouraging task but I also know anything is possible through Jesus Christ.  He is the way, The Only Way. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live and love us more than we can even imagine.  His Atoning Sacrifice is what make everything in life possible, retrievable and real and true.Don't ever forget that!

Love, Sister Crossett

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing missionary already. So proud of you, Grace! Love that we are on the same team!

    ReplyDelete