Monday, September 12, 2016

One week in Cali!

Hey Everyone!
(side note, My emails will probably be a bit jumbled for a while. I'm still figuring out my life :))

Well Its been one week in Cali. It pretty awesome. Very warm. Not too humid. My companions name is Sister Bambus and she's from Nashville Tennessee. Everyone Keeps telling me that I got the best trainer. She is awesome and I don't have anyone to compare her with so I guess she is the Best :) she is a singer too so I got really lucky.  My Mission president and his wife are amazing too. I feel so spoiled. I am well taken care of. They also keep telling me that I'm in the best ward. Live Oak Canyon. It will take a bit to get names and faces down but I'm working on it. I am In The Rancho Santa Margarita Zone/Stake and it is a very well off area. Most of the houses we visit are in gated communities. Everyone is really nice. 

The plane ride was like an hour. I though that was pretty funny. I forgot that I don't like flying. The air pressure change does weird things to my head. We pretty much booked out the flight with 30 missionaries all going to Southern California Areas. We Were picked up from the airport by President and Sister Clark then they took us to the New Port Beach Temple to take Pictures. Sooooooo Pretty!!! After that they overloaded us with a bunch of info that went right over our heads because we were running on 3 hours of sleep. We had dinner got our new companions and then I crashed when I got to our apartment. 

Wednesday was easier but I think I was experiencing jet lag. Anyway one of the first things we did was go out tracting. To make a long story short we ended up standing in the hot sun listening to this little old chinese lady talk about everything under the sun for about 45 minutes. We couldn't even get a word in. We just needed to get out of there. All of A sudden sister Bambas started holding her head and Backing away slowly. I followed her as I tried to say that we had to go. Turns out sister Bambas got heat exhaustion and about passed out. I didn't really know what to do but she told me to dump water on her. We went and took naps after that one

Ok I will tell you about two more experiences and then I have to go. I'm not very good at managing my time yet.

I was able to teach my first lesson on the door step to a lady who was very prepared. I know the spirit led us to her. This weekend was stake conference where we had Elder Cook an area seventy talk. Sister Bambus and I were also able sing in the stake choir. My favorite song we sang was mac wilburgs I Believe in Christ. It was amazing. The conductor was way serious about vowels and cut offs though. It made me so happy :) 
 
It has been so great so far. I have learned so much and I know that God answers prayers when we ask in faith. I know There is power in the book of mormon. I know that Jesus Christ can Help us through our individual struggles when we use the Atonement in our lives each day.

I love you all very much,
Love , 
Sister Crossett

. . . I don't believe I will be getting an ipad. I'm sorry. They said that sometime in the future maybe we will be but for now its just P-day emails. P-day is monday in case you didn't know.

She sent some pictures, which are on the pictures page of the blog.  No letter from the mission president yet, but she did send a note last week upon her arrival.


Hey Mom!!
I made it to Cali!! I was up at 3 this morning. I got everything all packed up and ready to go by midnight last night. Then we took a bus then tracks to the airport. It wasn't as hard as I remembered it being in the airport. Not having rolling luggage is a real struggle ( but I got a lot of help from the elders) and my neck was aching from my shoulder bag. Then the air pressure on the plane made that worst. I dont like flying. But other than that everything Is absolutely wonderful. We were picked up from the airport and got to go see the newport Beach temple. It Is Gorgeous. Then we meet everyone and they gave us lots of info that I've already forgotten but thats ok. They let us take a power nap on the pews in the chapel of the mission office building. Then I got my new companion sister Bambas. She will be amazing. I just want to let you know that I'm in very good hands and in my opinion, Very spoiled. And yes I'm sorry I didn't call. I probably could have but it just didn't happen. I love you all and Ill write you on Monday!!


Love,
Sister Crossett

No comments:

Post a Comment