Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Christmas and the New Year

(Dec. 25)

Hi mom!




No libraries open again so I'm emailing from my phone again. We have our mobile hot spot on so it should go through this time, hopefully. Its just a little weird emailing this way. Times are changing so I'm trying to adjust. Thank you so much for the gifts! We had a pleasant morning opening them as Well as some from the mission. We even got stockings from some members that are filled as Well.
 Well I'll be seeing you in a few hours but I just wanted to send you a few pictures from the last few days and say merry Christmas. One thing I've been thinking about is schools I'd love to discuss plans/pull up some possible applications from your end tonight. If that's alright. We get an hour this time so hopefully we can say everything that needs to be said. I love you mom.
 I know that God is in charge and I just want to do what he wants me to do. Missions are hard, missions are different, but missions are worth it even if we cant see the blessings in store. They are right around the corner and we just need to continue to trust in His plan and timing :)


See you in a few :) 

Love, 
Sister Crossett 

We had a nice chat that evening.  She is looking and doing great! Serving in the Laguna Hills Ward with Sister Faith.  



(Jan. 2)

We visited with a recent convert last week that just moved into our ward and was having a hard time adjusting and invited her back and she came and loved it :) We work with quite a few less active families and older people in the ward but I love it now! They are so sweet and also a great way to find new investigators. We also got a referral from a member in the ward and her name is Julie. She came to church a few weeks ago and we taught her on Sunday. Sister faith had the inspiration to read the living Christ with her and it turned out to be perfect for teaching her about the restoration. She is Persian and has a sister and friend that want to learn too. We are so Excited for her and her journey. I finally feel on my feet in the area and ready to get busy. It took some adjustment time but I got there :)

I have truly taken to heart the quest of gratitude today as I received chastening and guidance yesterday from the Lord towards being grateful. I think that I just didn't have hope or believe for a while that gratitude would help me at all and so I wasn't thanking Him with real intent. Moroni 7:4-6. It must be sincere for it to profit us. I know our father in heaven cares about us, he knows us, He loves us. And because He loves us, He chastens us and lets us struggle sometimes so we can learn and grow. I know it will still be a challenge moving forward but I now have the tools to help me. 

I am sorry the Call wasn't exactly the best. I'm Glad The next time I see you and talk with you It will be in person. I've said it before but I love my mission, I love being a missionary and I know God Has a Plan for all of us. Its so cool to discover what that plan is as he gives us guidance from the spirit.

Have a Grateful, comfy, week  

love,
Sister Crossett

No comments:

Post a Comment