Sunday, January 28, 2018

Following Promptings Works!!

Jan. 8, 2018

The day before I heard of the passing of President Monson, I read one of the first talks he gave as our new prophet. "Abundant Blessings" I believe it's called, and It just re-affirmed my sustaining and testimony of the Prophet of God. It amazes me just how prepared Heavenly Father is and Helps us be as members of the church and with how it is organized. 

In our District Meeting on Wednesday an Elder gave a training on using our talents in the work. We each discussed something that we were good at and what was come up with for me was potential seeker. Though I view the world with a critical eye, I can also see the good in everyone if I look at the right angle. This helps me continue developing my faith in finding people to teach and not giving up on someone that just says "I'm not interested". I also get to use my bold side in those situations and its really cool to see God working through us. We felt that we needed to go to an apartment complex in our area. As we knocked on the door of a potential a few times with no answer I had the impression to knock on the door right behind at the top of the stair case we were on. It is a private community so we aren't really supposed to knock doors that way but we followed the prompting and a man named Darius answered the door, was super friendly and said he was heading out but we could come back the next day to share our message with his family.  Following Promptings works!! and its always cool to see the results and the reason immediately but if not, at least we know we are pleasing God and building our faith. 

This weekend has been a battle with the adversary. Friday we visited an older sister in the ward that is coming back to the church and was really having a hard time. We called our ward mission leader to give her a blessing that she finally requested and he postponed an appointment to come. It was so powerful and it literally saved her life. We stayed after to help serve her in simple ways around the house but they meant so much more to her. I know that is what Jesus would have done especially as a disciple of him its so cool to be his hands. I love Him and know that He loves me and all of us. That's why He did what He did. And that's why we can do what He wants us and knows that we can do. In another experience we had this weekend I learned that we do have the power to call upon the power of God and Jesus Christ and that angels will be around us. The Priesthood is real and I am so Grateful for it. 

Love,
Sister Crossett
Richard's Baptism
Jan. 15, 2018

This weeks been eventful with Richards baptism, which I was able to sing "Come thou Fount" at. Baptism Days are always pretty stressful at first but then everything goes well in the end because it's Gods work. We were also able to attend part of A Mini MTC event back in the Las Flores ward. I think I might have told you about that last year. There were about 50 or so missionaries asked to participate and what they had us do was help youth companionships prepare for a real live lesson with a non-member that night at 6pm. I got to offer my advise and counsel to two sweet sisters, one who had already received her call. I hope their lesson went well. 

I don't remember If I've mentioned the service we do on Wednesdays. We Go for two hours to a facility that takes care of the elderly. Its kind of a day care for old people but it is cool to visit with these people and help them play bingo, color, or just visit with them. I can feel Gods love for them as I serve and get to know them. 

Transfers are next Monday and I think I am staying with sister Faith for the end. We'll see though.
How do you endure to the end? 
We also had an amazing stake Conference this weekend and the focus was teaching the plan of Salvation in our homes and fostering appreciation for the church. Amazing talks were given by some recent converts who shared their burning testimonies and really help remind me of who I am and why I am here. It is hard to see the path ahead when there are so many distractions and bumps in the road. As we Remember who we are and how God has blessed us and played a hand in our day, it allows us to see even more clearly. 

I know that as we hold to the Hope that our Savior Jesus Christ Gives us we will be able to find happiness and joy in the hardest of times. Just keep trying, keep praying, keep believing, Hold to the Rod, and everything will work out. 

Love,
Sister Crossett

No comments:

Post a Comment