Wednesday, December 20, 2017

"I Love being a missionary!"

(Dec. 4)

Mom! 
It will have to be a quick one. So much to do around here :) Christmas time is the best as a missionary. We did not have a baptism this past weekend because Breanna had not been to Church 3 times and we have a few more things to teach her but when I told her that I would most likely be transfering on the 11th She said "well I have to be Baptized before you leave then!" As much as I would love that, I know it is her journey and She needs to be baptized when she is ready. I think she's so ready though. We'll See what happens this weekend. Shelley also bore her testimony at testimony meeting on Sunday and it was the sweetest. We are singing in both our wards next week. Hopefully we can invite a lot of people to come :) its a great missionary tool and I love, just as you do, the ability to share the spirit and the light of Christ with others. 

We were able to watch the Devotional last night as well at a members home with a really big house. I loved the Music so much and the message about what we are going to give/sacrifce for the savior stuck out to me. We must give something that might be hard for us to give up if we are truly to change. 

I love the Gospel, I love My Father In Heaven, and I know he is watching out for us and will help everything to work out how it needs to. His plan is Perfect after all.
Merry Christmas! 

Love,
Sister Crossett

(Dec. 11 But I did not get it in my email until the 14th)

Hi mom, 
No time to Email today. Sorry! Transfers! I'm going to Laguna Hills in Laguna beach. Probably for my last two transfers. I will be finishing sister Faiths training. I was not expecting to train at all but I know Heavenly Father knows what I need. She is from Missouri super cute, such an amazing missionary. And the ward is going to be Awesome. We have lots of work to do here. 

We had a crazy busy week. Sister Moosman and I were able to sing in an interfaith concert on Saturday night. It was at the stake center and it was quite the performance. I was even able to talk about light the world with the San Clemente Lutheran pastor (Brenda) who is a strong alto and sang by me. Then we also sang a duet in both sacrament meetings for my last Sunday there. And to top it all off we had an amazing Sunday evening by witnessing Breanna be baptized and confirmed. The spirit led the service and I felt so filled. Breanna was simply glowing and all though none of her family came to support her she felt the love of the ward family that all came. It was simply amazing to be apart of. Ill have to send pictures next week. 

I am just so grateful that Heavenly Father is able to work through me and use my talent to bless his children in intricate ways. I know that as we look for his hand in on our daily lives we can increase our eternal perspective and align our will with his. 

 love sister crossett




(Dec. 18)

Mommy! 
I am exited to see you too!! 
There is so much going on here its hard to keep up. 
I had to email on my phone last Monday which we normally don't do but we had to get Sister Faiths last companion all packed up and ready to go home the next day so I didn't have much time. I'm glad you got it though. This ward has been known to be missionaries ending areas so I guess it is mine too. Its a great ward, very large, very Musical (Sister Faith and I got to practice and then sing in the ward choir that was performing on Sunday, it was a good welcome to the ward for me) and everyone is so nice! It is a big adjustment and Its been a long hard week but as I look back on the things that Heavenly Father blessed me with by being here, it helped me remember that there is a plan and a reason for why I am here. 

My very first night in the ward we had dinner with a part member family and the nonmember dad who had not showed any interest in the past, shared a life changing experience that he had the night before and helped him come to know God and what he needed to do in his life. He came to church with his cute family on Sunday and we are going to begin teaching him this week. We also visited a sister this week who had a referral for us. Sister Poe is a convert of about a year and ran into a woman named Julie in Trader Joes who wants to learn more about Jesus. She was able to invite her to the Chalk walk on Friday and to church. The Chalk walk was a two day event at our Stake Center which is the building we meet in and is a double chapel building. Its easy to get lost in there :) Anyway local artist of all levels come and do Christmas chalk Drawings in the parking spaces and there is Hot chocolate and cinnamon rolls and live music all in the back parking lot. There were so many people and It was a great way for us to meet them. Sister Faith and I helped on both nights in the kitchen, and walking around talking to people. The chalk drawings were really good too ( I'll attach a few pics) [on the Laguna Hills Page] Julie loved it and was also able to come to church and loved that and we will be teaching her as well this week. 

I want you to know that I love missionary work, I love being a missionary and I know its the only thing that Heavenly Father really wants me doing. I just want to share the love, peace, and joy that I feel from the Savior with everyone I can. 
I hope you have a wonderful Week and get everything done that you need to. 

Think Happy,
Feel Happy,
Be Happy.

Love,
Sister Crossett

No comments:

Post a Comment