Monday, January 29, 2018

The Final Transfer

Jan. 22, 2018

Hi Mom,
I'm working on My Plan now which helps me review my mission and set goals and plans for after so I'll have to make it quick. I wasn't able to read your email from last week until today but they were nice treats. Thank you for always writing even if I don't give you much detail to go off of. I am hoping to tell you so much more in person than I can capture in emails. 

The last and final transfer. So much to do in such a short period of time. Last transfer brought many challenges and trials that taught me a lot. It was a good transfer. Sister Faith and I are happy to stay together and work hard in the Laguna Hills ward. 
Sister Peacock, another sister in my Zone who is going home march 6, went with me to the temple for our departing temple trip. All the missionaries who are going home do a session with Pesident Clark before the go home. It taught me a lot about preparation which I have been thinking about a lot. We must prepare to perform at our best and though it requires time the best results come from it. Like with preparing to teach a lesson, it goes a lot smoother if you have studied and prepared for it. 

We are also about to witness our recent convert Richard get the Aaronic Presthood on Sunday. He is so humble and willing to do whatever is asked of him even if he doesn't understand it all yet. It was an amazing experience and we are going to continue teaching him and helping him progress in the Gospel. We are also excited about a new investigator family that wants us to come next Saturday to teach them more. The initial contact was with Darius and he was super open to us just sharing a scripture with him right there at the door and wants his wife to be present for the lessons. Teaching families is the ultimate goal because the Gospel of Jesus Christ is all about families. I know that we wouldn't be able to have happy families without Jesus Christ.

Mom I love you and I hope you know I'm doing well and will work harder than I ever have to Endure and to run this transfer. Charity is the key and I love what you said about serving God and each other makes our homes a holy place. 

give my love to Anne, dad, and Lauren. 
Have a great week and thank you for your example of diligence and endurance at home, at work and at play. 

love,
Sister Crossett


Jan. 29, 2018

As far as the work goes we got a new investigator this past week :) She was a referral from sisters in Rancho Santa Marguerita Zone. She is really interested in getting involved with relief society activities because shes been before but also in learning more about the Book of Mormon and Jesus Christ. An investigator lesson canceled this weekend but yesterday we had a cool experience with following promptings. Sister faith felt like we needed to go to our investigator Rita's as we were passing by her house. We hadn't heard from her and needed to follow up about her prayers and reading. It was a rough start to the lesson but I was able to share my testimony of the Book of Mormon and a scripture that came to mind. In those moments I feel the power and authority of God working through me and those are the moments I look forward to and hold on to as a missionary. She committed to truly read and pray about the Book of Mormon and I am so grateful that the spirit was able to touch her heart that day. 

Another really cool experience from following promptings we had was on Thursday. We were guided into a complex that was not in the plans and we didn't feel like we needed to get out of the car so we went to our Handy Dandy Area Book Planner App to look at the map of possible potentials already generated for that complex. We found a name that felt right but felt that we needed to go visit later in the evening. It turned out that the name we found didn't live at that address but another woman named Patty did. We ask how she was doing and she said its been rough with a family member with some heath challenges. We asked if we could say a prayer for them there at the door and she said yes. We were then able to testify of the Plan of Salvation and give her a copy of the Book of Mormon for strength. We could tell that she was touched by the spirit and is yearning for what the gospel can give her. Some many more experiences like that to come. 

I know that Jesus Christ is our rock and our sure foundation to build upon and that Heavenly Father truly knows us and loves us. He places people in our paths that we need and that need us the most. Gratitude is the key to a happy attitude. 

I love you mom. Thank you for ALL that you do and have done for me. Patience and hope. 

love,
Sister Crossett

No comments:

Post a Comment