Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Gratitude Brings Blessings

Nov. 6th

This week was another Great one. I love our New District and I definitely feel the Bar of faith being raised. We are expecting and
setting goals I've never achieved before on my mission.To accomplish something not yet accomplished, we must do things not yet done. As missionaries we should not only Strive to help these people qualify for baptism, but be converted to Christ. Conversion is a process, not an event though. Change is also a process not an event.

Shelley is ready for baptism, there is no doubt about that, and another investigator we re-contacted last week named Breanna is also very prepared and ready. She came to Church for the first time yesterday as well. It was so cool to share the blessings of Church with her. We were filled from the words that were spoken and everything that was said was exactly what she needed.

I know all things are possible through Christ. The question is: do we have Enough Faith? The story of the Father who brings his son to the Savior to be healed comes to my mind. "Lord, I Believe, Help thou mine unbelief." Jesus Christ will take our Doubts and our unbelief if we give them to him. Something I've also been thinking about is that thankfulness and gratitude, are expressions and acts of our faith. We recognize that the things that we have are from God and we thank him for them.

One by one is right mom. I'm not always that patient and so it is a good reminder. I'm doing well. It was a good week. Today is just a little hard. I know the angels you pray to me are here with me though.  I can do it. We can do it. Faith and work are required though.

I have a question. What does Forbearance mean to you? Its the Christ Like Attribute I'm working on this transfer and I've looked it up in a few places but maybe you have some other insights.

I love you mom. My hope is that something I said in this email helped you a little bit,  or who ever else reads it.

Hope your week goes well!!

Love,
Sister Crossett



Nov. 13th

Dear Mom,
I don't need a hand written Letter to feel your love. This was perfect. I finished an email that I was going to copy and paste to my Blog and ask you what you thought of it and also how to do that and I was all done and ready to copy and paste it and then I lost it somehow. I feel like maybe what was typed was just meant for me.  Maybe Ill try again next week. 

I feel those dark clouds at least 2-3 times a week recently. ...  I know that the Light and Atonement of Jesus Christ has the power to lead us, and even carry us out of the darkness. I continue to fight. 

On the Note of Running I must tell you that for the first time on my mission, I feel like I am running. I've tried running before but have ended up having side cramps, and shortness of breath. Now I feel ready and conditioned for the run. Heavenly Father has been preparing me my whole mission for these last few months. I am running properly now and the reason is for Breanna and Shelley and Randy and Miley, Sister Moosman and our Ward leaders, and many more precious Children Heavenly Father has prepared me to touch at this time in my life and in theirs. I wish you could meet them now but I know that you will soon enough. ( I love expressing myself through analogy. The words flow better) 

Gratitude is an Expression of our faith. We must Recognize the source for our blessings. Heavenly Father will give us what we want and need if we simply ask him through prayer and look forward in faith. Similar to this good intentions Business ;) I know that if we are grateful for the things we have he will give us more. 

love,
sister Crossett



Nov. 20th

Hi mom,
Happy Thanksgiving week! We are lined up to go to our Ward Mission Leader Brother Van Dusens House on Thursday and have been inviting investigators, less active members and its going to be a party :)  It was quite the weekend. I have been fighting some sort of Sickness with a low grade fever for over a week and I finally had the opportunity to ask for a priesthood Blessing on Friday. I was Healed and told that I had passed this trial. I kept working best I could with my sickness and Heavenly Father knew that and let me know through the priesthood. Isn't the priesthood so Cool? Then on Saturday morning we were able to go to the temple again. It was good and I got some guidance for schools and for serving others now. I just need to commit to the Direction I get.

I can't remember if I mentioned that we Set a Baptismal date with our investigator Breanna for December 1st. We are so excited for her and she could use many prayers right now! She wasn't able to come to church yesterday but she is still excited for her baptism. We had many miracles this week including the perfect song at just the right timing. Sister Moosman and I last minute asked if we could sing in sacrament meeting and so we called an accompanist, went to her house, and the first song we sang through was perfect for our voices and for the San Clemente ward. It was a Duet for I Need thee Every Hour and I Sang alto, Sister Moosman Soprano. It was awesome and everyone said we did a great job. We had hoped that some people we invited to church would be able to hear but they couldn't make it. I think we may sing again when they can come. We were also able to go to an Activity Days Activity that we invited our investigators Daughter to. She couldn't make it either but it was still good to let the girls know who would be coming. 

I've got to go but I just wanted to share my testimony that I know that Christ is our Savior. I know that Joseph Smith is the Prophet of this last dispensation. I feel the spirit testify to me of that more and more when we recite or share the first vision. I know that the Book of Mormon is the Word of God and It will guide us through as we listen to the promptings of the spirit as we read. 

Love,
Sister Crossett




Nov. 27th

​​​​Mom!! 
Today was a good Preparation day and the week went well too. Thanksgiving was really good and the Elders and their investigator joined us as well as the Van Dusen's parents and sister. I don't know how I felt about the stereotypical Women Cleaning up in the kitchen after and the men going into the living room to talk/Check the game status but it was good to have a break to let the food settle before Pie. Sounds like [you had] a fabulous thanksgiving to me mom :) all you need is family and gratitude :) I've slipped back into not witting in my journal consistently. It really does help me get through the week a lot better. I just forget to reflect. Goal is to write every night this week. Will you keep me accountable? I'll follow up next week on it if you remind me :) 

As far as progressing investigators go, this week has been slow. I Guess its just the Holidays. Good thing that's not our purpose. It is a direct result of our faith and diligence though to see success and progress in those we teach. Our Purpose is to Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, Baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the End. I know that all things are possible through Living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is also Gods work and his plan for his Children so all we can do is try our very best and keep going. The primary song I'm Trying to be like Jesus, comes to mind. 

Anyway we are going to have a white Christmas this year. No, Not with snow but with people in white :)  I'm So excited. What better gift to give the Savior than to bring souls unto him. 

You can count down [the days till I get home] if you like. I will continue to run as fast as I can in Helping our friends and family here in California to have the same joy that we have as we have learned to follow Christ as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Also, I have come to the conclusion that I want to spend the summer at home and possibly take some summer classes/ institute at Weber. I don't want to worry about applying for BYU until I get home. When are deadlines? also I think I will want to take the ACT again if I want to go to BYU. I think this is my final answer. I want to just not stress about it while I'm here and it feels right, too. It has also come to my attention that I could do a performing mission in Nauvoo. It sounds like I would love it but we'll see what is in the cards for the fall. Let me know what comes to you and if you can help with anything on your end. [and anyone else's connections or input is welcome]

I hope you have a wonderful, peaceful, productive, and energizing week. I love you to the the moon and back, and much much more than that :)

Love,
Sister Grace Crossett

No comments:

Post a Comment