Friday, July 14, 2017

Just Remember

July 3

Dear mom,
I hope you're doing well. I haven't gotten your email yet but hopefully I get it before I leave. Sister Wright has to do whats called 'my plan' for an hour each week before she goes home. It is for all the missionaries preparing to go home and helps with goal setting and future plans and such so we'll be here a bit longer than usual.

sounds like things are fun at home from what dad and Anne said. Just keep swimming :). Also happy 4th of July!! We will be in early for the night tomorrow for safety but we have a view of the coast and will be able to watch fireworks from the apartment.

Our week was pretty busy. We've been stopping by and getting to know all the people the elders had been working with. Shelly has been investigating for about 3 years now. We still don't know what the main concern is but she comes to church and has read the Book of Mormon and everything. She reminds me a lot of Grammie Crossett as a matter of fact. So loving and kind. We are still working with Sofia to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. That is the key really, to true conversion. To come to know that the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored and that the Book of Mormon is true will help anyone use and apply the Atonement in their lives.

I've really gained a stronger testimony of fasting on my mission. I fasted for our investigators yesterday, but the results of my fast came as more of a weight lifted off my shoulders. A Clarity of mind and heart and I am so grateful for it. I know as we follow the little promptings and the big ones, from the Spirit of God, he will make miracles happen for us and for those we serve.

I love each of you and want you to know just how much more Our Savior and our Father in Heaven love you.

Have a wonderful, beautiful week, and remember to look for the good!!

Love,
Sister Crossett



( I never did write to her that day/week.  Buying a home and selling a home and moving and a vacation out of state all got in the way.  I expressed my struggles to her and this is her response.)  

July 10


Yep, Just keep Swimming mom :) 
In other words, whenever you feel uprooted or have hard tasks at hand, like you do right now, Just remember that we show our faith by enduring well. We can endure well by continuing to hold to our testimonies and being patient and grateful for the trials and the things you can learn from them. Heavenly Father is preparing you for what lies ahead. He wants to equip you with the mental and spiritual capacity for the things he will have you do soon. I also promise you that as you and dad work to make reading the Book of Mormon as a family each day a habit, you will find strength and be able to overcome little obstacles. I'm not quite sure exaclty what you are feeling but I know that you have the testimony to make it. 'Just remember' could be another synonym for 'just keep swimming'. Remember your Testimony, Remember Christ. D&C 6:36 .  Thank you for your strength and your example of faith as a mom to me. I love you. 

We saw Gods Promises in action over the weekend and I wanted to share the experience with you. We Visit Brother Church every week and he helps us Clean our car. Do to uncontrollable circumstances, he has a hard time attending church on Sundays. He really wants to though. After we are done working on the car we share a scripture with him and Saturdays scripture was 1 Nephi 3:7. I knew it would help as soon as he told us the circumstance. The promise is this: if we keep the commandments of God, he will provide and prepare a way for us to accomplish the things he commanded. We promised Brother Church that if he would pray for help and put the Lord first, Heavenly Father would provide a way for him to come to church and help him know what to do. Sure enough, We saw him at church the next day and He said that God had provided a way. Speaking of church, sister Wright and I were able to sing a Duet in Sacrament meeting "How Great shall be your Joy" and a member and his non-member girlfriend we had never met before were there. We weren't able to talk to them afterward but I saw the spirit touch the woman as we sang. The little ways that we can serve and touch people are such blessings. 

I've got to go but I want you all to know that I love my mission I love our Savior and His work is real and will help us find ourselves. 

Love,
Sister Crossett

No comments:

Post a Comment