Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Jesus Christ is the Healer of our Hearts

April 17th

I was able to go on exchanges with one of my Sister Training Leaders, Sister Fullmer from Farmington, UT on Saturday in Her areas. Miracles happen on exchanges. We talked to a Jewish lady at the door for more than an hour and I know that she will be baptized. The spirit softened her heart and we were able to even pray with her before we left.  I love Sister Fullmer so much and was able to learn so much from her about how to be a better missionary. She is so obedient and really wants the best for everyone, not just because she is an STL. One thing that she was inspired to tell me to work on is finding joy in the work. I really needed to hear that because I get so caught up in trying to make sure I am doing things right and making a difference that I forget to enjoy the journey, enjoy the process. I am really trying to work on this and find the good in every day.  I know that there is an Eternal plan for us and that plan and way is Jesus Christ. He lives, He loves us and we can do all things through Him.

Easter was great and we were well taken care of. So many people came to church! Our investigators and the Elders investigator and his girlfriend, too! I am so sorry this seems so rushed and may not make sense but I want you all to know that I love you and that Everything will work out as you are obedient and just try your best to follow Jesus Christ.

Love,
Sister Crossett


April 24th

I will try to explain this as best I can. I'll be honest. Last week was one of the hardest weeks of my life. It was also one of the most eye opening for me. I would have days where I literally felt so depressed that I couldn't get myself to do anything or get out of the apartment. When I did, I didn't feel worthy of facing people. I was in a constant battle with myself and nothing I did seemed to work permanently. Prayers, scripture study, talking to Sister Peterson and serving the people only helped temporarily. I felt helpless and hopeless. That's not what this life is about! It's all about LOVE. At least that is what myself and countless others that have been helping me along this long process of learning about myself have discovered. Looking back at my life the reason for my struggle has been myself. I didn't LOVE myself. I have been so hard on myself.
After a long, hard, excruciating day on Friday, we finally decided to call President Clark and ask if we could meet him in person to talk. We called right before dinner and he said to come to the mission home at 8:30. We didn't have a member dinner appointment but we had some member money so we decided to go to our newly discovered favorite place to eat, Tropical Island Smoothie ( the Island Green Smoothie is my favorite). After dinner I still felt awful, so we went home and I got to read my Patriarchal blessing and pray some more. I didn't believe that any of those things could come true. As we were leaving, our STL's, Sister Fullmer and Michell, stopped by to bring us a talk that they knew would help. Perfect timing. I had gone on exchanges with Sister Fullmer the previous weekend and she pulled me aside and complimented me on just how amazing of a missionary I am and how she looks up to me and learned so much from me on exchanges. It was all fine and dandy but, I still didn't believe her. I literally didn't believe any of what anyone said to build me up. 
We drove to Irvine and I read the talk. It helped a little and I was in higher spirits than I had been. President and Sister Clark were there and Sister Peterson and we all came to the conclusion that I didn't love myself, and that it has been Satan's tool against me for all of my life. They gave a few suggestions. Write down everyday, things that you love about yourself and then look back and thank God continually for those gifts that he has blessed you with and talents he has given you. So I'm putting it to the test. It is still hard. I have to change this long kept habit that has gone on inside my head for so long that has almost become my character. 
Now what does this have to do with the work or my mission or investigators? It has everything to do with it. As I learn and try to love myself, I will be able to truly say and teach people that the atonement of Jesus Christ is here for us NOW.  Accept Him.  Use Him. Believe Him. He is the way, the truth, and the life. He is the light that we must hold up. I love Him and I love myself and all of you. 

I don't know that all of that should be shared with everyone but, If you feel that it should then I trust you to share it. 
(Obviously I felt that it should be shared.  We all go through Valley's of despair and need to hear how others get through them.)

I love you mom. I will be just fine. Thank you for all that you do, noticed and unnoticed. 
You keep smiling, and loving  yourself too :)

Love,
Sister Crossett


May 1st

Transfers are right after mothers day, so I'll get to tell you all about it! :) I've been here 6 months and 4 months with Sister Peterson. Sister Peterson wants me to be her comp for the rest of her mission. I love her, but I need a change. It has been so good to work with her though. Did you know I'm almost half way?! 

Our old Friend Moe, who was baptized in December is coming back and his wife is already here. They may not be in our ward anymore but, we are so excited to have him back! 

This week has been a great week of improving for me. I'm feeling lots better than before and trying to do all the things my mission leaders have been suggesting. 
We had some really good days where we talked to absolutely EVERYONE and saw miracles including teaching the restoration on a driveway to a guy we drove passed and then went back for. We gave him a Book of Mormon and invited him to read. 
As we look for the good and the blessings, Heavenly Father will give us exactly that :) He loves us and wants the best for us. 

I know that Jesus Christ is the Healer of our Hearts, and if we have a desire to serve him and do good, having faith, repenting and trying again, we will feel of His love and be able to share that with others. 

We are enough. 

Love, 
Sister Crossett

No comments:

Post a Comment