Thursday, April 13, 2017

Prince of Peace


It will be a little different coming home to a new place but I don't think it will be hard because missionaries are nomads anyway. We learn to adapt and adjust to new people and surroundings. Our apartment is in Ladera Ranch and it is so nice! It is still outside our area but only a 3-5 min drive. 

I'm doing just fine. I definitely believe that if we are to ask people if we can help them we must be willing to accept and ask for help ourselves. Especially to our Heavenly Father. He is ready and willing to help us anytime, as long as we ask. Ask, Seek, Knock. 

I have been trying to decide on a Christ like attribute to work on this transfer and I haven't placed one yet but I have a lot of Ideas. I am thinking patience and possibly a second of knowledge. I absolutely loved the conference talk on how Jesus "Beholding him, loved him." Beholding is much more than just looking or noticing someone. It is deeper and much more meaningful. For me it means to search to understand and love a person. I am trying so hard to do that with sister Peterson because I know it starts with myself and the lord, then myself and my companion, and then we can help others. I want to be always ready to help someone else when needed but when I haven't helped myself and received that spiritual strength then I don't feel ready to help others. I'm working on that. It takes practice for sure but I know that its worth every minute to know our Savior better and to follow Him. He is the Greatest example of patience, of "Beholding", and of Peace. He is the Prince of Peace. 

We had a really cool experience with this video last week. We were walking to a potentials house and a teenage boy passed by with a phone in hand. We didn't say anything but hello. On our way back to the car after the potential wasn't there, the boy walked passed again the same way he had come and I had the Idea to ask him if he had internet access. We had not seen the #Prince of Peace Video yet, for which we had pass along cards to pass out, so we asked him if he would pull up the video for us. He agreed and we all watched the video there on the sidewalk. It was very powerful and he said It was pretty cool after. I know that his heart was touched​. If you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend it. It has been a good week. Though I am still trying to figure out exactly what heavenly father needs us to do here, we know we are making a difference in our own little way with our talent and abilities and with His help. I know Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us and if we will follow him and our Savior, we will see things happen that we could never do on our own. 

Happy Easter!!

Love,
Sister Crossett

The Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment