Monday, April 3, 2017

Conference, a move and a startling experience

 Mommy, :D

I hope you loved The Women's conferences​ as much as I did. I thought of you especially during the first talk. Proverbs 3:5-6 :) President Eyrings was amazing too. 

My week has kind of been all about Following Jesus Christ. That is what we are all striving to do after all right? He is the perfect example and I have grown so much closer to him as I have studied more about him in the Book Of Mormon. It has been such a blessing to be able to testify of him to all those that we come in contact with. We had a bit of a startling experience over the past week. That perhaps shouldn't be shared with everyone but it is very near to my heart. We received a referral from the spanish elders. They Met her while tracting in the Sable apartment complex. She said she was very interested in learning and they got her information and we called and set things up for an appointment. She had to cancel a few days later because of some family emergency stuff but she still said she wanted to meet us soon so we kept in contact. Finally after a few more tries to set something up we decided to just go stop by and see if we could at least meet her. Through her texts she sounded so sweet and genuine and such a testimony of Heavenly Father. It was last sunday night when we stopped by and she let us in. She seemed anxious but she also expressed how our visit was an answer to her prayers. We were able to share a little bit of the Restoration and talk to her about the resurrection (Loss of a family member). She didn't tell us much about what she was going through but we left her a Book of Mormon and she said she already knew it was true but would read it anyway. We couldn't set up a return appointment but she said she would keep in touch. We texted a few times throughout the week with no response. We decided to stop by on Friday to see how she was doing and her Fiance answered the door. We asked for Lauren and He said that she had passed away on Monday. It was a surprise and a shock to us but we know that Lauren is learning and accepting the lessons on the other side and I am so grateful that we were able to teach her the first lesson. 

After that experience, we got to teach a father and his son the Restoration on Sunday after they attended sacrament with us and It was amazing. Amazing Blessings are happening and I am truly and deeply grateful for Heavenly Fathers care for me and for all of his Children. I know He loves us, I know Jesus Christ is our Savior and that as we pray always, we can have his spirit to be with us as we are obedient to his commandments. 

( April 3 )

Its been a rough day. Ironically enough I am going through moving struggles too. Sister Peterson and I are staying together in Las Flores but we just moved out of our apartment with roommates and into one without. It is a really nice apartment and we will be able to focus a lot better with just us but it will take some adjusting to. I need to settle in. I want it to be a good transfer. I want to see miracles. I know we will as we are obedient and just do our best. I'm sorry I don't have a lot of words today. I'm fine but prayers are always appreciated. I Loved conference. They just keep getting better don't they? I thought​ of you and the family all through out as well. Joy D. Jones's talk especially for you.  Anne and Lauren need to listen to or watch Gary E. Stevenson's talk again too.
I'm sorry I didn't get a recording of it but I was able to sing the same song I sang in sacrament meeting, at the Temple music devotional yesterday. "How Great Thou Art". I thought I did pretty well and I even felt it too. I hope that others were able to be touched by it as well. No investigators at conference but the work is going very well. We have an Indian investigator, a Persian investigator and 2 Spanish investigators. It is definitely a melting pot.

All I can say is that as we always strive to have the spirit with us as Ronald A. Rasband talked about, we will be able to receive protection and direction in our lives. 

I love each of you dearly. 

Stay strong.

 

Love, 

Sister Crossett

No comments:

Post a Comment