Tuesday, March 21, 2017

3 in 1


(March 6, 2017)

The time is flying by so fast.... Well for me anyway. 6 months is just about the perfect time
on the mission. not too new, gotten the hang of things, and also not
too dangerously close to the end. I'm actually almost 7 months now but
I'm rounding Down ;).

Did you Ever do Road show? Well our Stake youth did it saturday. The Wards put together
their own one act musical style production. Las Flores did Super Heros
Vs. Super Foods. Costumes and all. It was Super fun! (punn intended)
All the mutual's for months in advance were in preparation and
rehearsal for 2 performances. I can honestly say that It is worth it
in my book. Sister Peterson and I got to go and stand in the back to
watch and they looked like they were having so much fun and I could
just feel the unity and love that they had for each other.

My Birthday was grand. I was well loved and sung to. No Cake but the
Riches put candles into chocolate covered bananas and oranges and I
got to blow them out. It was also a great day for the work too. I
wouldn't have had my 20th any other way than serving the lord. The
work is so fun too.

A Roller Coaster Week but as I look back on all the harder days, I can
see way more blessings than burdens. Tender Mercies are all around us.
I asked for a blessing from my district leader on a particularly hard
day when Satan was throwing everything he had at me. He Convinced me
for a time that I couldn't do anything because I had already messed up
so badly. I want to feel ready and prepared for lessons with
investigators or a particularly busy day and if I'm not I feel very
guilty and have a hard time moving forward. In the blessing I was
promised protection and safety as I am obedient and as I study the
scriptures and pray with a sincere heart. I am ever reminded by others
and by the Lord that I cannot do this work alone. I cannot go through
this life alone. The Good news of the Gospel is that I don't have to.
We have a loving Heavenly Father who sent a Savior for us, to help us
overcome our mistakes and sins. He will always be there. We just have
to do our part to reach out to him, to keep the commandments so we can
receive the blessings that he want to give us and he knows we need but
that are conditional upon our asking for them. I know that Heavenly
Father is there for us and that his son, Jesus Christ is our Savior
and that he lives. I know that Joseph Smith translated the Book of
Mormon Through the Gift and power of God and that Its words testify of
Christ. I know that it is true. In the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love,
Sister Crossett


(March 13, 2017)

Thanks for all the wise words dad. I believe them :) It isn't about us. It is about the people around us and how we can be a light and an example for them. In word and In deed. I'm still working on that one but I have definitely seen that work on my mission. This week has been filled with many opportunities for teaching for sister Peterson and I. We are very overwhelmed and excited and grateful for the work we have been given and for Gods trust in us with these people. Taught a family of five the restorations on Monday and they agree to read the Book of Mormon but they want their space to do so. We would love to be able to read with them or meet with them to teach them more but we also need to respect their wishes. They are so kind and accepting of us and when we asked the ward members if they knew any of them we found many connections and friends already there. It was a comfort to me to know that there is always hope and Heavenly Father has a Grander plan than we could ever imagine. We just hope and pray that the spirit of the Book of Mormon with the help of the ward members encouragement will open the Derby families heart to the joy and light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

We also were able to teach a woman named Gladys and her two kids on Wednesday. Gladys has a Great testimony of heavenly Father and a real love for her family. We shared the first two teaching points with her and the spirit was so Strong. I felt inspired to talk to her about baptism right then and there. I asked her if she came to know that the things we were teaching her were true would she be baptized and she said yes. We invited her to pray to know if this was the path that God wanted for her and her family. We are going to go back and teach her more on Wednesday. We are so excited for her! 

I know that through faith and repentance we can receive the joy and hope that come through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

Whenever I have felt lost or upset on my mission I have traced the reason back to a lack of connection with My Heavenly Father. He has all the answers and he want to help us and bless us. He knows what we want and he knows what we need. We just need to ask. Prayer is an essential part of the doctrine of Christ. To build our FAITH we must pray, study the scriptures, and go to church. Ask, Seek, Knock. I know these principles are true. Take your questions to our Father in Heaven. He knows so much more than we do. I was studying this morning in Alma 22 where Aaron is teaching the king what we have to do to have this hope and joy that is talked about from the spirit of the lord. I learned these word. 

Kneel Humbly,
Cry Mightily,
Stand Faithfully.

I don't have much else to say other than I love you. I pray for you. All is well here. I am in good hands. Thank you always for your examples and testimonies as loving parents in the kingdom.

Love,
Sister Crossett


(March 20, 2017)

Though I can't send all my extended family individual emails will you let them all know I love them and am so grateful for the examples they are and have been in my life? 

 We had a very special zone conference with Elder Tad R. Callister on Thursday.  He taught us more about the Atonement. I really learned a lot and I know that learning more about the Atonement will help us to better apply it and have more motivation to move forward. We need to continue to study and pray to gain strength and find answers. I know that as we put in the Practice and continue to be obedient to the commandments and the principals that Heavenly Father has asked us to live by, we will be able to do his work and be happy doing it.

Then on Saturday Sister Peterson and I got to go to a Persian new Year party that the mission president requested we put on because of all the Persian work here in California.  All 6 of the non member Iranian people we invited came, and they all had a blast. There was authentic Persian food and live music and dancing. As missionaries we just had fun watching it all. Such a different culture but so kind and curious to learn more. One of the families we invited actually came to church on Sunday so that was a blessing! It was our ward conference so the bishop and Stake president talked to us and The Dad and his son loved it. They said they would definitely want to come back and we will hopefully get to teach them this week. 

I hope and pray that Heavenly Father will continue to work through me, a weak and simple servant, to bring about his intricate plan for each of his children. I am ever thankful for my call to serve and hope that each of you will ask yourself what the Lord needs you to do today. 

Love, 
Sister Crossett


No comments:

Post a Comment