Monday, February 27, 2017

"Be Still, And know that I am God"

 (Feb. 21, 2017)

The hairdo's were done at the YW Presidents house over dinner. They liked my French braided bun and wanted me to do theirs too. It was super fun :) 

Transfer calls were on saturday and I am staying in Las Flores with sister Peterson. There must be more for us to do :) I am so excited to find out what that is and to be an instrument in Heavenly Fathers hands. Its been a little different to have to adjust to no changes this time. The Elders in our Ward are staying too. There must be something I still need to learn from them, too. 

Sunday I was able to sing in Sacrament meeting. It was a great tool for inviting people to church. " Hey I'm singing in church this Sunday and you are invited to come" :) a lot of people actually said they would. When the day arrived we thought no one came because we walked in late after trying to go pick up our investigators daughter. As we sat there in the front row of the overflow seats, we noticed a familiar head of hair in front of us. It was a less active we had been stopping by for a while and she hadn't been to church for about 10 years. I sang "How Great Thou Art". A Beautiful piano arrangement of it  that a member found for me. It was exactly what I wanted and needed and It was a great blessing to me. As I sang I got a little carried away in the spirit and forgot the words to the next verse. I stopped for a minute, found my place and started again. Though I was a little disappointed for it, everyone I talked to said they didn't notice. It was just what it needed to be. All of the other talks were amazing, too and also just what was needed, especially for who was there. 

I am so grateful for the testimony I am still gaining and for the opportunity I have to share that with others. I know that Joseph Smith did see our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ in the Sacred Grove and because of that, the Gospel Of Jesus Christ that he established while he was on the earth is restored today. I am so Grateful for the restored Priesthood Power on the Earth today. The authority to act in Gods name to strengthen and bless his children now and throughout eternity. I know that as we are obedient to the commandments and endure, and enjoy, to the end, we will be able to be happy here on earth and throughout eternity. 

I may need to go in and be checked for what exactly is causing all my stomach problems. It is getting progressively worst but I am slowly figuring it out. I just might need a professionals opinion. I just thought I would let you know but there is no cause for alarm.

Be safe, Be patient, Be grateful, Be faithful. I love you so much and know that you can do it. 

Have a Great week!

(Feb 27th, 2017)

So, I told you that my stomach problems were getting much worse and I have tried everything that I could think of. Because I thought it was a food allergy. I started taking everything out of my diet. That was not the thing to do.  I enlisted the help of our mission mom and mission Doctor for help and they gave more suggestions. Do you remember Doctor Bowser that I was telling you about? Well we went in for our follow up appointment for our backs and I thought that maybe I would ask him if he could tell me anything about what is going on with my stomach and he read my body.  My body said that It was not a food allergy or Irritable Bowel. He said it was being caused by an emotional stress. My body said I'm too hard on myself and I agreed with him. I guess I needed a professional to tell me something that everyone else has been already telling me to believe it. I'm working on my Hakuna Matata and its going very well.

 It is no coincidence that your message completely goes along with the message that I wanted to share with all of you today. The phrase, "Walk in the Light" has been my focus and Mantra for this week as well as the Scripture in Psalms 46:10 "Be Still, And know that I am God". 

Walking in the Light for me means that we are constantly moving forward, repenting and accessing the full measure of the Atonement. This has become our districts focus for this transfer. I think it will really help us focus on the Atonement and how to share it with others. I don't think I've ever thought about that Scripture in Psalms like this before. It especially stood out to me yesterday. I didn't feel as prepared as we could be for a Sunday as a missionary. I woke up with this thought on my mind and it really became the theme of the day. As I just did my best to be myself and to be obedient, Heavenly Father was able to work with my abilities to bring about his purposes. (Exodus 14:13-14) Down to the people we passed in the hall being exactly the people we needed to talk to, it was just a great day. The Elders had 2 of their investigators there and we had another less active that we had been working with for a while come with her little boy. It was just a great day. I know that as we don't go "beyond the mark" so to speak, but just do our best and be ourselves and have faith that Heavenly Father will bring about his purposes, we will find ourselves right where we need to be on the path and we will be able to help his Children on that path back to him, too. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Psalms 46:10 

Love,
Sister Crossett

1 comment:

  1. I used to drink tap water but now I use a Brita filter. I heard that tap water can indigestion. I think a water filter may make a difference. I'll pray for you!

    ReplyDelete